File Name: 1426535099-Flush_and_Register_DNS.pdf
File Size: 593.69 KB
File Type: Application/pdf
Last Modified: 1 year
Last checked: 5 days ago!
This Document Has Been Certified by a Professional
We recommend downloading this file onto your computer
FLUSH and REGISTER DNS, DELETE TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES1. From Start All Programs/Program Files Accessories, right-click on ‘Command Prompt’ and select ‘Run As Administrator’
2. At the prompt, type ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ and hit ENTER
3. ‘Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache’ message should appear
4. Next, type ‘ipconfig /registerdns’ and hit ENTER
5. ‘Registration…has been initiated’ message should appear
6. Close the command window by clicking the close gadget (red X) in the top right corner
7. From the browser window, go to the Tools Menu Internet Options. Under ‘Browsing History’, click ‘Delete…’. Select ‘Temporary Internet Files’ and click ‘Delete’
Keep cookes and temporary Internet files that enable your favorite websites to retain preferences and display faster. Temporary Internet files Copies of webpages, mages, and media that are …
As a user of Windows 7, you can run a DNS flush via the command prompt. To use this, click on the Windows home button and type “cmd” into the search bar. Then start the command line tool by clicking or pressing enter. Enter the following command: ipconfig /flushdns. When you press enter, Windows clears the DNS cache.
In Windows, for example, simply open the command prompt and enter the command “ ipconfig /displaydns ”. There’s no rule about when the perfect moment for a DNS flush is – unless there’s an urgent problem that can be solved by emptying the cache. The DNS cache should also be cleared immediately if you’re redirected to a site that you didn’t call.
Clear your DNS with the ipconfig /flushdns command in the Run dialog box. The ipconfig /flushdns command also works via Command Prompt. You can also clear DNS via PowerShell with the Clear-DnsClientCache command.
If you did flush DNS caches successfully, you won’t be able to see any entries within the list. Erasing DNS caches can help with many issues as it can make the computer to be faster. However, it makes the internet run slower. One thing to understand is that cache contains parts of websites that are static.