File Name: Business-Development-Questionnaire-Writable.pdf
File Size: 375.30 KB
File Type: Application/pdf
Last Modified: 7 years
Last checked: 7 days ago!
This Document Has Been Certified by a Professional
We recommend downloading this file onto your computer
Date Received Business Development Questionnaire Please complete this questionnaire as best as you are able. You may use additional sheets of paper if necessary
Send this complete questionnaire to the office most convenient to you. A list of locations and service areas may be viewed at: https://www.georgiasbdc.org/locations/ After the questionnaire has been reviewed, you will beForm# (rev 6/2016) contacted to discuss your proposed business venture
Name: Phone: Address: Zip Code I request business management counseling from the Small Business Development Center and the Small Business Administration. I agree to cooperate should I be selected to participate in surveys designed to evaluate SBDC and SBA assistance services. I authorize SBA to furnish relevant information to the assigned management counselor(s) although I expect that information to be held in strict confidence by him/her. Furthermore, I understand that the counselor(s) assigned will treat all information and data received from me in complete confidence, to the extent permitted by applicable law
Initials I further understand that any counselor(s) has agreed not to: (1) recommend goods or services from sources in which he/ she has an interest, and (2) accept fees or commissions developing from this counseling relationship. In consideration of SBDC's and SBA's furnishing management or technical assistance, I waive all claims against SBA personnel, SCORE, SBDC and its host organizations, SBI, USEAC, and other SBA Resource Counselors arising from this assistance
For office use only Date Called (Signature of Person Requesting Service) (Date) Response Briefly describe the type of business you intend to start
Initials Have you attended a workshop on how to start a business? _____Yes _____No If "yes," who presented the how to start a business workshop? _____Small Business Development Center For office use only _____Other (please specify) Date Called Response Marketing: 1. Describe in detail the products/services you will sell
2. Why will customers want to buy your products/services? What is your competitive edge? Initials For office use only 3. Describe the characteristics of your potential customers (such as age, income, location, attitudes, etc.)
Date Called Response 1 4. How did you determine these customer characteristics? What sources of information did you use?5. How will you reach customers and motivate them to buy?6. List and describe your direct competition. How will you compare with them regarding price, quality, and service? Business Development QuestionnaireManagement:1. Describe your experience and knowledge that qualifies you to operate this business successfully
2. Describe your management experiences
3. Why have you chosen this business?4. What are your goals for this business? First Year Second Year Third Year Sales $ Profit $5. What aspects of your personality will help ensure the success of the business?6. Do you have all the skills needed to start and operate this business (marketing, financial, legal, taxes, etc.). If not, in what areas will you need assistance? (The worksheet on page 3 will help you to determine this information.)2 BUSINESS SKILLS ASSESSMENT BUSINESS Please X below what your status is for each skill SKILLS Need Some Really Need Situation AREA OK Help Help Critical Comments The Business Plan: Organization InventoryBusiness Development Questionnaire Cash Flow Management Market Analysis Competition Analysis Marketing Plan Price Customer Service Sales Management Organization Public Relations Compliance: Taxes Regulations Licensing Other: Knowledge of the Industry Business Location Analysis Managing Customer Credit & Collections Obtaining Technical Assistance Legal Issues 3 Financial:1. How much cash will be required to start this business? $ (The worksheet on page 5 will help you to determine this information.) Business Development Questionnaire2. If you need additional money to start the business, estimate how much and where you might get it
3. In the first year of operation, how much money from the business will you need for personal or family expenses?4. Estimate the sales and expenses (by month) for the first year of operation (see attached worksheet)
5. How did you arrive at your monthly sales and expense figures?6. When do you think this business will be profitable?4 ESTIMATED CASH NEEDED TO START A BUSINESS While organizing and gathering information for your business plan, you will also need to determine the estimated cash needed to start your business. Complete the follow- ing worksheet: Estimate of monthly expenses Estimate of cash needed to start based on sales of $ (multiply Column 1 by number of per year months anticipated to be non- profit months--6 months is the rec-Business Development Questionnaire ommended number of months)
COLUMN 1 COLUMN 2 1. Salary of owner-manager 2. All other salaries & wages 3. Rent: (a) building (b) equipment 4. Advertising 5. Delivery expense 6. Supplies 7. Telephone & telegraph 8. Other utilities 9. Insurance 10. Taxes, including social security 11. Interest 12. Maintenance 13. Legal & other professional fees 14. Miscellaneous 15. SUBTOTAL STARTING COSTS YOU ONLY PAY ONCE: 16. Fixtures & equipment (get quotations from suppliers) 17. Decorating & remodeling (quotations from contractor) 18. Installation of fixtures/equipment (quotations from suppliers) 19. Starting inventory (supplier can help estimate) 20. Deposits with public utilities (check with utility companies) 21. Legal & other professional fees (talk to a lawyer, CPA, etc.) 22. Licenses & permits (check with city offices) 23. Advertising & promotion for opening (estimate what you'll use) 24. Accounts receivable (what is owed to you) 25. Cash (working capital) (for unexpected expenses and reserve for loan principal payment) 26. Other (make separate list, enter total in Column 2) 27. TOTAL ESTIMATED CASH NEEDED TO START (add Column 2) 5 Human Resources:1. What will be your human resources needs for the first year? Second year? Business Development Questionnaire2. What skills will your employees need?3. How will your employees be paid (hourly, salary, commission)?4. What benefits will you provide?5. What are the costs associated with these benefits?6. Will employees need special training? If so, is training readily available and at what cost?7. What is the average salary of similar employees in the area?6
Briefly describe the type of business you intend to start. Have you attended a workshop on how to start a business? _____Yes _____No If "yes," who presented the how to start a business …
So that the firm business developement questionnaire are there to tackel the issues that you are facing in the daily business transaction be it with the bank or with the client. This templates are far more reliable in pointing the issues and giving feedback if required to help your firm.
In order to have a complete understanding of a process or assess the performance and the quality of services Questionnaires acts as a great tool. These Business Questionnaire templates can be used to identify bottlenecks in any business operation, can be used to assess the quality of manufacturing and other related services.
They give you a questionnaire to know the idea and the thought process for your business and its future. You need to fill it and submit the form to help them understand your business plans for next few years.
Companies selected for the BERD Survey were mailed letters in February 2021. 5. How long will it take to complete this survey? The length of time to complete this survey will vary depending on the size of your company and the complexity of your company's R&D operations and records. The average burden is estimated to be 3.3 hours. 6.